Lapis Lazuli has been a symbol for royalty, gods and goddesses, honor, spirit, wisdom and truth since the beginning of our history. It is said to facilitate a connection between the celestial and material realms, and assist in contacting guardian spirits. It can function as “a bridge between the worlds”. Lapis Lazuli will also enhance dreaming and journeying work, as well as help with dream recall. It is related to both the 5th (throat) and 6th (third eye) chakras.
In folklore and myth Lapis was said to impart ancient knowledge and the wisdom how to use it. It is connected with planet Jupiter and brings expansion of the intellect and good fortune. It can also help in clearing out the past, and what no longer serves you; aligning you with a higher truth.
The sarcophagus of King Tutankhamen was richly inlaid with Lapis, as well as other burial ornaments of Egyptian kings and queens. King Tutankhamen’s mask was adorned with Lapis. Figurines of Lapis scarabs symbolized Pharaoh’s power. The stone was widely used in pendants, protective amulets, and other jewelry, and ground into powder for dyes, eye shadow and medicinal elixirs. Queen Cleopatra wore eye makeup made from Lapis. The garments of priests and royalty were dyed with powdered Lapis. Egyptian judges carried a Lapis stone with an inscription “true”, which may be where its association with truth originates from. The Romans used this stone as an aphrodisiac. Ancient Hebrews used Lapis to adorn their ceremonial robes. Buddhists recommend Lapis as a stone to bring inner peace and freedom from negative thought, and many malas are made from Lapis Lazuli. The name of the stone originates from ancient Persian, and roughly translates to ‘blue stone’.
The highest quality Lapis Lazuli comes from Afghanistan where it has been mined for more than 6000 years, but is also found in Siberia, Chile, the U.S., Pakistan, and Canada.
A STONE FOR PROTECTION…
Lapis is said to have the power to protect against psychic attacks; returning any negative vibrations to their source. In the Islamic culture it is a favorite gemstone for protecting against “the evil eye”. Lapis is a high vibrational stone, and thus will not allow lower vibrations to enter. Perhaps another reason why the royalty favored this stone.
A FEW PHYSICAL AND METAPHYSICAL PROPERTIES:
– Boosts the immune system; purifies blood and balances blood sugar.
– Brings inner peace and fosters creativity.
– Encourages self-expression and truth.
– Good for healing the vocal chords and throat chakra issues.
– Believed to improve sleep and aid with insomnia.
– Enhances memory, intuition, and psychic awareness.
3 WAYS TO USE LAPIS LAZULI:
– Wear it around your neck for healing throat chakra issues and for clearer communication.
– Meditate with a stone placed on your third eye for enhanced intuition and dreams.
– Place it around 4 corners of a room to create a protective grid.
Latest posts by Aleeiah (see all)
- Shamanism, Quantum Physics, and Dreaming The World Into Being - September 16, 2018
- Grounding and Clearing for Empaths and Healers - July 21, 2018
- Yantras – Ancient Instruments for Evolution - January 11, 2018